India is all decked up to emerge as the largest market for lighting systems, especially the LED segment, as a lot has changed in the last four years. “LED lights in India are sold below INR 50 and this month the domestic production of LED lights has crossed one billion,” as explained by Mr. Sunil Sikka, Advisor, ELCOMA at the inauguration of Light India and Electrical Building Technology (EBTI) 2018. Almost 12% of all LED lighting systems sold all over the world is consumed by India alone. Bridging the gap between global industry giants and the serious buyers, Light India 2018 and Electrical Building Technology 2018, organised by Messe Frankfurt in association with Electric Lamp and Component Manufacturers (ELCOMA) was inaugurated by Shri Suresh Prabhu, Union Minister of Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation, Government of India and Dr Harsh Vardhan, Minister of Science & Technology, Environment & Forest and Climate, Change Government of India at New Delhi today.
Addressing the media and other delegates at the ceremony, Shri Suresh Prabhu, Union Minister of Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation, Government of India shared: “This is a great occasion where excellent brands have displayed their products in the fast growing lighting industry. We promise to provide full support for the exports of these products and encourage the exhibitors to have more manufacturing not only for the domestic but also for the global markets. While we ensure environmental friendly lights aesthetics will be equally important so the industry has an opportunity of providing innovative solutions. We want the industry to manufacture in India not just for Indian markets but for global markets. We will build 100 airports in the next 15 years and for that we have experts and an investment of 65 billion dollars for this industry. This will be a big opportunity for the lighting industry and I hope Light India will truly ‘Light India’.”
Continuing the enthusiasm Dr Harsh Vardhan, Minister of Science, EF & CC, Government of India also said: “We have discussed Light India and the industry’s role as to how the stakeholders have helped us reduce the price of LED lights from INR 380 to INR 250.”
Standing out as a market having immense potential, India has gained the attention from many global investors and business leaders in the lighting and electrical building industry. The top-notch domestic and international leaders from lighting, building and automation market are participating in the three-day exhibition seizing business opportunities and preparing the Indian market for a smart and tech-ready transformation in lights and building automation systems. The grand inaugural ceremony was also saw the presence lighting industry giants and key associations members including:
- Mr. J P Aggarwal, Chairman & Managing Director, Surya Roshni
- Mr. Raju Bista, President ELCOMA & Managing Director of Surya Roshni
- Mr. Prashant Tiwari, President CREDAI NCR & MD, R G Group (WUP)
- Mr. A. Puhazendi, National President, Builders Association of India (BAI)
- Mr. Bhavesh Doshi, Secretary, KNX National Group India
- Mr. Raj Manek, Executive Director and Board Member of Messe Frankfurt Asia Holding Ltd
- Mr. Sunil Sikka, Advisor, ELCOMA
- Mr. Shyam Sujan, Secretary-General, ELCOMA
The inaugural event, started with the auspicious gesture of lighting the lamp and ended with the guided tour of exhibition, saw a huge success as hundreds of attendees and exhibitors from India, China, Hong Kong, and the UAE streamed into the Light India + EBTI halls to see the recent technological innovation in light and electrical building technology.
Giving all the attendees a warm welcome, Mr Raj Manek, Executive Director and Board Member, Messe Frankfurt Asia Holding Ltd. commented: “As the Indian economy continues to improve, the lighting and electrical building automation and technology will give it a major boost within next five years. The overall lighting market in India is growing tremendously and with the market being so dynamic, subject to the change in the trends, competition and demands, this is the best time for the brands to enter the market and strengthen their foothold.”
Light India & EBTI 2018 hosts 193 companies from five different countries who are displaying and introducing their unique and revolutionary technologies displaying to lighting and electrical building market. Providing all the stakeholders in the industry with a one-to-one trading platform, Light India & EBTI 2018 aims to drive the growth and development of the industry by showcasing trusted and innovative brands with their premium products to the buyers from all around the country.
Looking at the zeal and energy of the show, Mr Shyam Sujan, Secretary General, ELCOMA (Electric Lamp and Component Manufacturers Association of India) said: “It is a proud occasion for me to present the fourth edition of Light India. During each exhibition we have successfully launched new technology. Today we have reached a stage where all applications in lighting have been introduced in LED format. Our vision 2020 envisaged that we will bring power consumption for lighting down from 18% to less than 13% by year 2020. I am proud to say that we have crossed the 1 billion mark in LED lamps, about 12 million streetlights and more than 30 million down lights. A visitor to Light India 2018 will be able to witness a large plethora of impressive new smart and intelligent lighting products in all the applications.”
Soon after the inauguration ceremony, the attendees and visitors moved on to explore the new-age technologies, smart lighting systems, and electrical building technology solutions impressively displayed by the exhibitors on their stalls. Where the visitors were impressed by the innovative design and utility of the products, the others were fascinated by the technology behind their development. One such technology displayed at the show was the WiFi and Bluetooth enabled lights showcased by Eco Earth where one could adjust the brightness of bulbs, battens, downlighters, and pendant lamps through voice command using Neo Ecoearth mobile app.
Amongst many, some product highlights of the exhibition include:
- India’s first 5-star LED bulb that is low-glare, fixture-free and 30% brighter than 3-star LED by Orient Electric
- Launch of its latest copper chandelier finely crafted with Silver Plating that is equipped with intelligent lighting features which pull through the fluctuations of high/low voltage and high/low temperature by Jaquar
- Launch of High Performance Utility Retrofit EH80 solution to replace Incand that can be used in cooking area, food industry, cold storage, tunnel, mining industry, agriculture industry, construction industry and other hazardous areas
- WiFi connected lights that can be grouped together and are operated through the Ecoearth neo mobile app by Neo Ecoearth
- A range of smart lights that includes panel lights, street light T8 sensor tube light and LED solar street light with reflectors with dimming, delay time and many other functions by Chatur Lights
- LED Down light (Architectural) can be used in offices, shops, exhibition halls, hotels, restaurants, cafes, malls, as it is eye friendly, long lasting, eco-friendly, non-hazardous and has a life of 15,000 hours by ERD Global
- 2x2 cleanroom fitting (bottom and top opening ) that is cco friendly and can be used in high IP class Pryotech
- Range of polycarbonate resins and blends, along with application support, for designers and manufacturers in the LED lighting industry that can be used for LED lenses, diffusors, reflectors, and housings by Covestro
- App operated smart lights that includes bulb, downlights & striplights that gives a full spectrum of palette of 16 million colours by Svaroch
Hosting an impressive set of highlights, Light India and EBTI 2018 will keep the exhibitors and business visitors busy with knowledge oriented seminars, business match making sessions and insightful panel discussions. The exhibitions doors will be open to manufacturers and buyers to facilitate industry exchange till its closing on 13 October.
Press information and photographic material:
Background information on Messe Frankfurt
Messe Frankfurt is the world’s largest trade fair, congress and event organiser with its own exhibition grounds. With more than 2,400 employees at 30 locations, the company generates annual sales of around €669 million. Thanks to its far-reaching ties with the relevant sectors and to its international sales network, the Group looks after the business interests of its customers effectively. A comprehensive range of services – both onsite and online – ensures that customers worldwide enjoy consistently high quality and flexibility when planning, organising and running their events. The wide range of services includes renting exhibition grounds, trade fair construction and marketing, personnel and food services. With its headquarters in Frankfurt am Main, the company is owned by the City of Frankfurt (60 percent) and the State of Hesse (40 percent).
For more information, please visit our website at: